Paper Airplane Contest
Let it Soar
Let's expand our minds and explore the possibilities of flight with a paper airplane contest.
Steps for having a Paper Airplane Contest
- Choose a date for the contest
- Secure a location for the contest- A gymnasium is recommended.
- Create a flyer for the contest.
- Determine the rules for the contest- have participants make their airplane at the contest to ensure that all airplanes are made from the same paper.
- Copy the flyer for the contest.
- Distribute the flyer and let everyone know about the contest.
- Decide what is being judged at the contest- You can judge how far the paper airplane travels and how long it stays up on the air.
- Create a chart to track each airplane.
- Find volunteers to help out during the contest.
- Gather materials for the contest such as a stop watch, paper, clip board, pens and a tape measure.
- Confirm the location for the contest and all volunteers.
- Have all participants enter the gymnasium.
- Give all participants 5 minutes to make their paper airplanes.
- Have every participant throw their airplane for distance and flight in the air.
- Give out awards for top 3 distance airplanes and top 3 airplanes that stayed in the air the longest.